Sunday, November 12, 2006

She's crafty!

Oh my goodness. I have had such fun creating my ornaments for the Holiday Ornament Swap I mentioned a couple posts ago.

It took several days of thinking before I finally decided on making felt ornaments adorned with ribbons, buttons and other little decorations, but I think it was a great choice! They are coming together so well, and I'm loving every minute of it. ... I'll post pictures soon.

It's been ages since I've sat down and made something with my own two hands. In college, my roommate Kelley and I were hooked on candle-making. Then the world of mosaics hit me in the face, and I probably made a couple hundred different things for people here and there.

But something called adulthood happened along the way, and I didn't make the time to keep crafting. I missed it for a while, but soon let other things in life creep into the void and, poof!, I'd let go of my love of creating.

Well, it's back, and I couldn't be happier. Those of you who still read my not-so-regular and not-so-exciting blog may just find an ornament in your mailbox this holiday season.

... That is, if you've been good. ;)