Monday, December 11, 2006

Back from paradise!

I've got SO many photos to sort through and so many stories to blog about that I just don't know where to begin!!

My trip to the Bahamas was amazing - from sipping rum runners by the pool to kayaking around a private island and all the site-seeing we did combined with all the interesting people we met ... there's just too much to write about all at once.

So, here's one of my favorite pictures I took while in Coco Cay, Bahamas (Royal Caribbean's private island). The tide had gone out and these two conch shells were all alone in the sand.

It was a beautiful, beautiful day of lounging around, kayaking and finding treasures on the beach and hidden on the bottom of the ocean. That day we got to see starfish and sting rays in their natural surroundings. We also tasted sea grapes (not so yummy) and learned that Bahamians believe kissing the eye of a starfish brings 7 years of good luck. While I'd love the good luck, I didn't quite want to kiss a starfish's eye, so I suppose I'm doomed!

I promise to write more later as I get my thoughts and photos in order!