Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Great Kitchen Reorganization of 2007!

Remember my new year's (anti)resolution to become better organized? You do, don't you?

Well ... last night my kitchen was transformed into the Mecca of organization. At least to me, it is.

I began with the junk drawer ... the dreaded drawer filled with God knows what from Lord only knows when.

Inside I found:
1. 4-year-old craft paint
2. A variety of multi-colored threads
3. Thumb tacks
4. Gum ... lots of gum
5. Towels, towels and more towels
6. Battery charger
7. Pinking shears
8. Lint remover
9. Recipe cards
10. Collapsible flying disc
And that's only to name a few items inside the junk drawer abyss.

After a good 45 minutes of rummaging through the good, the bad and the ugly, I did it. The drawer was clean, and those things I hadn't so much as thought of in the last four years were in the trash - because who really wants a beat-up checkbook cover or a Valentine's Day card from someone you dated in college?

Not me.

Oh, but that wasn't the end of it! Next up were my cabinets - filled to capcity (and beyond, to be honest) with mugs, glasses, candles, tins and festive plates and napkins for every occasion. It was ridiculous, to say the least.

So, everything came out of the cabinets. All items were sorted, with those going to Goodwill wrapped up in newspaper and boxed up, and the other things set aside so I could wipe down the insides of the cabinets.

Here's a picture about halfway through the madness. I wish I'd have taken a "before" photo when I first started tearing everything apart.

And here is the finished kitchen. I know this doesn't show you much, but at least I can close the cabinets and find what I'm looking for these days!

Next up: my dressers. Say a little prayer that I make it out of that organization alive!

Oh, I've switched over to the new Blogger. Who knew posting pictures could be SO EASY?!? Thanks to you all for holding my hand through this transition. I couldn't have done it without you!