Saturday, January 13, 2007

This will be mine

Go ahead ... Click on this picture I scanned from the IKEA catalog and tell me how great this will look in my living room, won't ya?

In a couple of weeks I'll be making another trip to that happy yellow and blue store in Atlanta. Only this time I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be plunking down some serious moolah instead of my typical $20 here, $40 there.

You see, I feel it's time that I have furniture that matches. No more of this, "Hello, I'm nearly 30 years old, but you wouldn't be able to tell it by the looks of my mismatched, college-style 'ecclectic' vibe I've got going on in my tee-tiny place."

I'm done with pieces that "sort-of" go together if the light hits them just so. By the end of the year, I'd like to have my livingroom and bedroom in order.

I crave a warm and inviting space that looks thought out, but not so much so that you can't touch anything for fear of messing it up.

There's only one small problem ...

I have the worst time spending large sums of money. But it seems like I'm always shelling out $200, $300 or $400 for car repairs, so it shouldn't be too hard to spend that money on something that makes me feel at home in my home, right?

I sure hope so, because in a couple of weeks I hope to have this TV/media combo for my very own.