Monday, February 12, 2007

Doctor, doctor!

I've never been one to go to the doctor ... unless, of course, I feel as though death or something horrible is eminent.

With that said, I'm calling my doctor tomorrow.

My physician and I have a sensible relationship. He knows I'm busy; I know he's busy. I tell him my symptoms, he writes a prescription at rapid-fire speed. I'm typically in and out in 10 minutes. And that's always been just fine with me. Like I said, I'm no fan of the doctors office ... they have sharp things in there that poke people, you know.

But now I feel like I really need someone to take a good look at me. My shoulder feels like there's a knife lodged between my shoulder blade and my spine. I can turn my head about halfway to the right - any further and an incredible pain shoots up my neck and down my arm. Sometimes my fingers tingle if I move a certain way. Overall, I feel pretty craptastic.

I'd like to say all this fun stuff could be blamed on my fantastically ridiculous tumble down a flight of stairs last week. While I can agree that the fall probably contributed to this series of aches and pains, I have to admit that my shoulder never feels normal. There's always a weird twinge that may or may not get worse on any given day.

There's clearly something wrong, but I don't really want to know what it is. And I certainly don't want to go through more pain to fix it. But it's to the point that any kind of relief is welcome.

Sorry for listing my aches and pains like an old lady. I promise this is it. :)