Friday, February 02, 2007

Oh joy, it's the weekend!

That wonderful two-day stretch where most grown-ups get to de-stress, kick back and relax, meet up with friends, knock back a few adult beverages and let loose some of that tension brought on by the 9 to 5 daily grind ... all that usually means nothing to this girl.

My 5-day work week could mean Wednesday-Sunday, Thursday-Monday, or even Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. You just never know with my schedule.

If I'm fortunate enough to have a true weekend - or some semblance of the experience, I'm on cloud nine.

But tomorrow I'm off. And tomorrow is Saturday, therefore, I'm quite happy. ... Ecstatic, actually.

I get to be normal ... to hang out with friends ... to go out Saturday night without having to use toothpicks to prop my eyelids open (OK ... I've never actually done that, but I've considered it).

Tomorrow night will be filled with yummy food at the Cheesecake Factory and dueling pianos at Olives Waterside in Atlanta. And wonderful friends. That's the best part of the whole night.

I can hardly wait. ... A Saturday off. I will be in heaven!