Friday, February 09, 2007

Tagtastic: Five things you may not know about me

Mike over at absent.canadian tagged me last Saturday, and it's taken me all this time to come up with five things you guys wouldn't know about me. I'm pretty much an open book, so this one was quite difficult. Please try to forgive me for the lameness of my five things. His were much better.

Here it goes:

1. I've never broken a bone, had stiches or stayed in a hospital overnight. - Unless you count broken toes, which I don't, or a 22-hour stay in a Mississippi emergency room thanks to a pretty awesome asthma attack when I was 6. My general good health is a wonderful thing, considering needles make me woozy and I'm not a fan of medicine in general.

2. I was born in Omaha in 1977, but only lived there for the first two years of my life. I've been back once since then, but only to play the role of the flower girl in one of my parents' friends' daughter's wedding. If that makes any sense. The point is, I don't really remember the town where I was born. I'd love for that to change, even though I have no real family ties to Omaha.

3. Old people and animals have the most effect on my emotions. It takes a lot to make me cry most days, but show me a little old lady having trouble doing something, and I'm all welled up. And if there's something wrong with an animal - cat, dog, horse, lizzard, bear, etc. - I'm a wreck.

4. On a less-serious note, I never ever paint my finger nails. And the toe nails are only painted in the summer - when the sandals are in full effect. I love sandals. I hate sneakers.

5. And lastly, I refuse to eat only one thing ... mushrooms. I've never understood why people think they're so good. They have little to no taste, and their consistency kicks my gag reflex into full swing.

Now, don't you feel enlightened? ... I didn't think so.

I won't tag anyone, but you should do this. Really, you should.