Friday, March 09, 2007

The last day of my 20s

Today is it. Tomorrow my 20s will be behind me, and I'll be looking straight at year number 30.

Turning 30 has really, really been eating away at me. I blame it partly on my hectic work schedule the past several weeks, which has made nearly everything bother me. But mostly, I think, rounding the corner of another decade makes most people a squirm - even if they don't like to admit it.

But you know what? I think I've let it go.

I woke up this morning - the first day of my glorious 11-day vacation - and felt better about the whole 3-0. It's a beautiful day outside, I'm going to have lunch with my dad, my car is still running (for now), I have a big trip coming up, and best of all ... there's nothing at all wrong with my life.

Sure, I'd like to be wealthier, I'd like to be thinner, I'd like to have a new car, a professionally designed home and a number of other worldly things. But, I've got everything I need, and that's more than many people in the world can say.

So, who cares that another day puts me into another age bracket? Not me.