Thursday, March 01, 2007

A pajamas kind of day

I blame the stormy weather for my complete laziness today. That's a valid argument for not going to the grocery store or working out, isn't it? It's practically dark outside and the rain and thunder are so soothing that no one can pry themselves off the sofa, right?

Right.

It's been raining/storming here since about 5 a.m., when I was awoken by my fraidy cat who finds it necessary to jump on me to alert me of weather that's out-of-the-ordinary ... that means a little rain or hail. To clarify, it was hailing this morning at 5. But, instead of being afraid of it like my fearful feline, the sound made me sleepy and I was out like a light ... until about 11 a.m., when I got up, had some water, watched part of "Passport to Europe" on the Travel Channel and then decided to go back to bed. ... You know, because it is practically nighttime outside.

I've just woken up and decided enough is enough. Plus, I was getting hungry. So I had lunch and am mulling the idea of taking a shower. I guess I should do that soon, since I've got to be at work in a couple hours.

So, you see, it's not a completely lazy day. Yeah ... I'm not so bad after all.