Monday, April 23, 2007

Tour de Georgia: A picture post

I know you've all been dying to see my pictures from this year's Tour de Georgia, haven't you?
Come on, humor me.


This is what's called at peloton. Basically, it's a group of cyclists riding very, very close to one another. Oh yeah, and they're the ones who are winning. So they're good.


This is Christian Vande Velde of Team CSC. He finished in 2nd place over the entire weeklong Tour de Georgia.


It's the Jittery Joe's Mini Cooper! I love Minis — especially Minis that carry coffee.


Remember those hot legs from a couple posts ago? They belong to this guy, Ivan Stevic from Toyota United Pro Cycling Team. He won this stage of the race.


And this would be me. It was hot, and I didn't want my picture taken. I bet you couldn't tell!


This is possibly the best picture of the day! Jim, who is the best friend anyone on this earth could have, is my reason for going to the Tour de Georgia every year. He got me interested in professional cycling, and as a result, I tag along when I can. He's a nut ... who likes blue strawberry snow cones.