Sunday, July 29, 2007

Shopping is therapeutic

I've let things get to me lately. Tiny annoyances have affected me in much the same way major problems do. This has left me a wee bit tense and not a very pleasant person to be around. I hate it, but sometimes we all get a little stressed. It's my turn.

On Friday, however, I forgot all about tests, course schedules, money, people who drive me insane and my lack of a meaningful relationship with someone of the male species and I headed out for a day of serious shopping with Allison.

We hit every store within a 10-mile radius of the Atlanta suburb we were in. By the time all was said and done, I felt a hundred times better.

Hello, my name is Stacey, and I'm a shopaholic.

There. I said it. But I will say, too, that I spent less than $100 and walked away with one amazing pair of shoes.

See?



These shoes look good with jeans. They look good with dress pants. They look flat-out fabulous with a skirt. In short, I am in love with these shoes because of all these reasons and because they're different from my usual boring shoes I wear on a daily basis.

I know a girl who wears amazing shoes every day. I never understood her fascination with stylish shoes ... until now.

I just might be hooked on shoe shopping. That is, until my worries get a little less worrisome.