Tuesday, August 07, 2007

20 lbs. lighter

My 12-week Weight Watchers journey has come to an end, and I couldn't be happier with the results! In three months I managed to drop 20 pounds, which I am so very excited about!

Check out my before and after:


The picture on the left was taken in May a few weeks before I started Weight Watchers. The one on the right was taken two nights ago. I can tell a big difference in my appearance, but the biggest change has been in my energy level. It's grown so much that I can't even describe.

See those jeans in my new picture? There's a story behind them!

I've been needing blue jeans for several weeks now because my old favorites were really beginning to look sloppy loose. But I've been trying really hard not to spend money because I know when I start school there are going to be a slew of expenses coming my way. So, when I walked into Old Navy this past weekend I and laid my eyes on these jeans I decided to only try on one size. If that size didn't fit perfectly, then I would put them back and not go up to the next size. BUT, if the smaller size fit, I told myself I'd buy the jeans.

Much to my shock (and delight), when I got to the fitting room, the jeans slid on perfectly! After a brief dance of joy in the dressing room, I bought the perfect jeans!

I've gone down two sizes into this, a size I never thought I'd see again:


I will continue eating like I'm on Weight Watchers, but I'll no longer be attending meetings. I think I'll probably lose another 5 lbs., or maybe even 10 lbs. It's not a goal, but the weight keeps coming off slowly and that is just fine with me!

It's been a journey, but not a difficult one. I never thought I could lose weight and still lead a normal life. It's wonderful!