Tuesday, October 16, 2007

New music is good

It's been awhile since I've gotten excited about a new band. I'm guessing MIKA has been my newest "new" musical find, and that's sad considering I fell in love with him in January and it's now October. Sooo, this is why I'm so thrilled to have found several musicians lately that have made their way into my iPod's most-listened to rotation.

Spoon has been around for over a decade, and somehow their music has managed to elude me until now. I saw their performance on "Saturday Night Live" two weeks ago and immediatly pried myself off the sofa to hear more online. Good stuff. Very, very good stuff. I now have three of their albums and can't name one song that I don't like, which is crazy.

Paolo Nutini reached my earbuds through Scott's Myspace page, and wow ... This kid is fan-freakin'-tastic! Seriously - spend the $10 to download his album. You'll be glad you did.

Colbie Caillat has also been a surprisingly good listen. I don't typically enjoy female singers for whatever reason. Maybe it's more of a distaste for cheeseball lyrics, but somehow Colbie Caillat has creeped into my music collection anyway. Yeah, there's the silly love songs but her voice is just good, and that is enough for me right now.