Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The holidays are upon me

All the fattening yumminess of the season is already hitting me hard. I am not one to turn down a good sugar rush. And forget passing me by with some high-calorie mashed potatoes and gravy.

Fried chicken? Of course!
Sweet potato suffle? Gimme, gimme!
Pumpkin pie? Extra whipped cream, please!

Basically, I want it all.

But sadly, everything that tastes good sticks to much more than my ribs. So I can't have it all, and usually even just a little fattens me up so much that I look like I should be the one that's carved and served for dinner.

Put. Down. The. Oreo.
Put. Down. The. Oreo.
Put. Down. The. Oreo.

I've had to repeat this to myself about 50 times tonight as I thought about reaching into one of THREE Oreo packages I bought for a fantastic dessert that will be made for Thanksgiving Day.

All the weight that I've lost is tapping me on the shoulder, ready to pounce at any moment. Why has it got to be so hard to eat right? Gah!