Tuesday, November 27, 2007

'What do you want for Christmas?'

It's the single-most dreaded question I'm asked every year. And every year around this time it seems as though it comes from every angle.

* Family member No. 1: "So if you don't think you have a place for a sewing machine, WHAT DO YOU WANT?"
* Family member No. 2: "I know you hate it when we ask, but what can we get you this Christmas? ... Besides a house, Stacey. "
* Friends: "Come one, you HAVE to want SOMETHING ... "

Don't get me wrong, I sincerely appreciate being thought of. But it never seems to end.

Honestly, this is my Christmas wish list:

1. An end to all the fighting and sadness in the world.

Sounds a little "Miss America," but really, I would give up everything I have if the news from around the world were a lot less violent and a lot more loving. I am just so frustrated with the state of our world, and here at Christmas we seem to turn a blind eye to what is happening.

I know that it's impossible for everyone to get along, but how hard can it be to stop being so bull-headed?

(A less grouchy post will pop up soon, I'm sure.)