Sunday, December 23, 2007

ANOTHER goodbye

Like everyone else, I've got my good days and bad days at the office. Bad days usually are filled with computer crashes, missed deadlines and maybe a gigantic headache or two.

Most good days have a lot to do with the people I work with. You know the ones. They've got that positive outlook that helps you keep going even if InDesign has quit 20 times in an hour and every story you're waiting on is double the length it's budgeted for ... and comes in several hours late. They volunteer to help out even if it puts their own work behind. And they can still smile even when everything seems to be going wrong.

These people are few and far between, and sadly we had to say goodbye last week to one of the kindest and talented co-workers I've ever had the pleasure of working with.

Holly rocks. She could find a comma splice in a Nobel Prize-winning work. And she could also make you see the positive side of just about any situation.

I'm so excited about her future because I know she's going to be awesome at whatever she decides to pursue. I just know that there are a lot of folks in Chattanooga who are going to miss the girl who called everyone "friend."

Holly, Megan and me