Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Goodbyes are not my thing

We've had lots of interns come and go where I work. They're usually not around long enough for me to learn much about them - if I even catch their names to begin with. But we really lucked out earlier this year when we hired a recent University of Missouri grad for a 6-month internship. But now she's leaving for a job in Lincoln, Nebraska, and there are several of us who will really be missing her and the inevitable hilarity that seems to occur whenever she's around.


This is the girl who left a bar last night singing Journey's "Don't Stop Believing"at the top of her lungs - thus prompting the rest of the patrons to sing along after she'd already walked out the door.


This is the girl who calls me "hooker" as a sincere term of endearment. I'm still not so sure about it, but it's definitely a Jamie-ism that I'll never forget.


This is the girl who can play some serious pool. I've really never seen anything like it before.


But most importantly, this is the girl who I've come to know as more than just an intern who was passing through. She is my friend, and man am I going to miss her.