Saturday, December 29, 2007

Merry Christmas to me!

I finally feel as though I'm a member of the 21st century. The urge to purchase all things computer-related has come over me, and thankfully I've been blessed with parents who understand that sometimes cash is the best gift of all.

So this week I've spent more on computer toys than I have in the past 5 years. And it's been fun!

I FINALLY bought a printer - and set the thing up on my own, which is no small feat for the technologically challenged (me). It does everything I wanted and more ... who knew I could plug my camera's memory card into a printer and select which print I'd like to make by the push of a button?!? So very cool. And I'm aware this probably isn't new to you ... I've just emerged from a hole in the ground.

I also bought an external hard drive. I've always feared the day when my computer decides it's time to quit. Now I'll be prepared ... 500 gigs of storage is far more than I think I could use in my lifetime, but hey - you never know.

So, yes ... I'm finally learning a little about computer stuff. And I'm thinking this is going to be a problem because I actually enjoyed my trips to Best Buy, Circuit City and Staples over the last week.

I think I need to put my credit cards in the freezer now.