Sunday, February 24, 2008

I've been tagged!

Felicia over at Bread, W(h)ine & Cheese tagged me with a meme. I haven't done one in a WHILE, so what the heck! Here it is.

THE RULES:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

OK, those of you who know me are keenly aware of my many idiosyncrasies, but I guess it's time to share them with the interweb. This should be interesting.

1. I have had a mad crush on Jon Bon Jovi since I was in fourth grade. I remember like it was yesterday the horrible knot in my stomach after I learned on my way to school that he had, in fact, married that Dorthea woman and not me. I mean, come on! Why wouldn't he want a sixth-grader with a horrid perm and crooked teeth? I was devastated to the point of tears - and lots of 'em.

2. I have a huge fear of commitment, and yet I'm dying to settle down and start a family. It makes no sense to me, or anyone else for that matter. I've been told my outlook on relationships mirrors that of many men - and not women. I hate that.

3. I've lived in five states: Nebraska, Mississippi, Indiana, Georgia and Tennessee. And one other country: Japan. I would love to live in Florida one day, but my favorite U.S. city to visit is Washington, D.C., by a landslide.

4. I wish I were a rock star. No, seriously. Music is my passion in life, but I can't carry a tune in a bucket, and I never could figure out how to read music. I got kicked out of guitar lessons in junior high because I would just memorize the songs without learning the notes. I was so irked.

5. Remember Ace of Base? I'll always associate "The Sign" with my junior year of high school when Allison got her first car - a bright red Dodge Colt hatchback. We were driving waaaay too fast with all the windows down, blasting that particularly horrid song and singing at the top of our lungs. Nothing compares to the sheer joy of youth.

6. All of my fingers are double-jointed, which was awesome in elementary school. I was the freaky little girl who bent her fingers in unnatural ways to scare little boys. So cool.

7. I could eat Mexican food every day for the rest of my life and still not get tired of it. I love Mexican food - a lot. I also love margaritas. And Mexican beer is at the top of my list. Maybe I should forget Florida and move south of the border?

I won't tag anyone else like I'm supposed to, but feel free to post seven weird things about yourself. I know I'll read it!