Friday, April 25, 2008

Prayers needed ... again

This time it's serious. My dad is very ill, and he refuses to see a doctor, go to the emergency room or even urgent care.

After smoking for nearly 50 years, his lungs are absolutely wrecked and, combined with chronic asthma, his breathing (on a good day) is terrible. Now he's sick with a pretty bad cold, but to him that's just as serious as pneumonia.

Walking from the counter to the kitchen table is like running a marathon for him. He can't go outside in the heat without getting severely winded. His temperature has ranged from 101-103.

I'm so incredibly scared for him and also very, very, very upset with my stepmother, who is going to Disney World with her granddaughter tomorrow through Wednesday. I am absolutely astonished that she could do this - especially after he nearly died four years ago after a bout similar to this one.

I work all weekend. My dad lives a little over an hour away. I don't know what to do. I just want to go to Rome and make him get in the car and take him to the emergency room. But I know he'll never go.

All prayers and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.