Saturday, May 03, 2008

It's the weekend!

... and I'm off - for THREE days!

What am I going to do with myself? Well, I'll tell you. I've got a list because, um, I'm a listmaker.

1. Saturday - I'm about to leave for Atlanta to visit Allison and her new baby. It's mandatory that I get her out of the house, according to her husband (who is out of town on business this weekend). So that's just what I'm going to do. First stop: lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Second stop: the salon for a haircut (her, not me). Third stop: The mall, because I really want a particular top at the Gap and I'm crossing my fingers they've got my size there (no more mediums at my Gap).

2. Sunday - Purge and organize my place. I helped a friend move last week and was completely in awe of her minimalistic approach to living. Only a few boxes, several pieces of furniture and an hour later she was in her new home. That would not be the case if I were to move. Some things have GOT to go. Why I hang on to old magazines, for example, is beyond me. The recycle center and Goodwill are going to be my BFF's on Sunday.

3. Monday - Learn an appreciation for ZZ Top. (Nah, just kidding) Um, I believe Monday is a certain festive holiday called Cinco de Mayo. And it's also cheap taco night at a local Mexican restaurant. Need I say more?

And that's it. Have a great weekend!