Saturday, October 18, 2008

Advertising at its best

* Lose that belly fat!
* Over 30? Single?
* Stretch marks be gone!
* Oprah's berry diet.
* Laser hair removal - kiss your razor goodbye!
* Drop 3 dress sizes!

......

Seriously?

Yes, I'm 31. No, I'm not a hairy, stretch-mark laden, fatty of a couch potato who can't get a date without the help of an online service that caters to the "over 30" crowd.

However, I think Facebook would beg to differ.

I understand the pains advertisers go through to target their audiences, but good grief!

Yes I'm kind of kidding, but I'm also kind of tired of these lame-o ads. The straw that broke the camel's back was the over-30 singles ad. The woman pictured had to be in her 50s or 60s.

Humph. I'm not old. I refuse to believe I'm getting old. And I will never click on those dadgum ads.

......

And now I'm stepping down from my soapbox.