Sunday, October 05, 2008

I just couldn't help myself


I tried on the brown ones first.

"Perfect," I thought. They'll go with just about anything paired with jeans.

I was proud of myself. My intention in going into that particular store was to buy a pair of nice winter shoes, and I'd found a pair I liked and they weren't extraordinarily expensive. I stuck the box under my arm and pointed myself in the direction of the checkout counter.

Shoe shopping in less than 30 minutes was a task I never thought I could accomplish, but holy cow, I had just done it!

But then, out of the corner of my eye, the cream ones caught my attention.

"Oooooo," I actually said out loud as I walked over to the table they were displayed on. I love cream-colored shoes. Always have, and this particular shoe was in my size.

So I tried them on just to see if they'd make my somewhat large foot look like a boat.

Nope! Another perfect pair.

What to do? What to do?

I tried one color on one foot and the other color on the other foot. And, seriously, I loved both of them equally.

So I did what any rational girl would do, right? I bought both!