Thursday, February 26, 2009

On a quest

I need a new eyeliner. Sounds easy enough, but no. I'm picky. I don't like to look like I've got raccoon eyes. But I want to be able to notice an eyeliner's effects without looking as though I'm all painted up. Got it?

So, in the past month I've tried four eyeliners. Each make me mad in their own little way.

Here's a rundown:

1. Almay Intense I-Color: This one was my tried-and-true, never-fail liner. But the past three times I've purchased this product it has crumbled each time I apply it. I don't know if it's a new formula, or if my local stores are stocking out-of-date eyeliner. Regardless, this is what led me to the quest for a new product.

2. Maybelline Line Stylist: One word — OUCH! You have to press so hard to get the eyeliner to apply that it isn't comfortable. No thanks.

3. L'Oreal Pencil Perfect: Too thick. Even when sharpened.

4. L'Oreal 16-hour Infallible: Again, too thick. I looked like I'd used a Crayola as eyeliner.

So, tell me what you use. Or tell me what I'm doing wrong. It could totally be operator-error. At any rate, I need help!