Monday, January 25, 2010

It's a miracle ...

Eight months later, and we have a new post. Wow ...

I doubt anyone still has me in their RSS feeds or stops by every so often but if someone is reading this, I am back. More than likely I will be setting up a new blog elsewhere, but when that happens I will share the link here.

Until then, consider this blog officially revived.

Now, where to begin?

Here's a very brief recap of where I've been:

* I'm still enjoying the world of sports. News is my first love, but my move to sports has been a much-needed challenge in my professional life. I am still learning the ropes a year later, but I'm loving it (most days!).

* My father has had some health scares recently, but I think he may finally be on the road to recovery. He has his good days and bad days, of course, however the bad are becoming fewer. I feel for him and it breaks my heart to see my father so fragile, but I still have him in my life — and for that I couldn't be more grateful.


* I've fallen in love ... with being outdoors! I hike whenever humanly possible and road biking has become a part of my life, as well. I've made some wonderful friends who are such motivators, and I truly don't think I could have made it through this past year without them. Hiking been such a release. There's nothing like standing in the middle of the woods without a sound. No cars, no people, no worries. It's magical to me. Cycling has pushed me to take on more than I ever thought I could. Riding is a mental battle, more than physical, for me. And I'm still working on sticking with it even though I may not be as confident as I'd like to be on the roads.

I look forward to writing again. I fear I've regressed a bit, so I need to start reading more and get myself going again in that respect. But I'm definitely back, and I am excited to once again consider myself a blogger!