Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Sure way to toss your cookies


Let me preface this by saying that I'm not a big drinker. Although, my life does seem to get a little more interesting after a few drinks, but that's not the point ... At any rate, when I do decide to sit down with a drink of something other than my beloved Diet Coke, I like for it to taste good. I'm over my college days where I'd will myself to like just about any drink. Sooo, with that said:

WHAT THE HECK WAS BUDWEISER THINKING?!?

B to the E is toe-up nasty. (I don't care if people don't use that expression any more - because that's just how baaad this stuff is.)

Jim happened upon the energy drink/beer this afternoon at Bi-Lo before coming to work. And because I love Sparks so much, which is basically supposed to be the same thing, he grabbed the four-pack and gave me two to take home with me after I left work. I was looking forward to settling in with a couple drinks tonight after a long (and freezing) day a the office.

So, when I got home, I stuck them in the freezer to chill a while. Forty-five minutes later I eagarly popped the top and took a sip. Whoa!!!! I don't even know how to describe the taste other than to say it's like beer with an extra twang of fruityness. It makes you want to pop your tongue - you know, when something's really bitter and gross?!?

So, I'll be sticking to Sparks from now on when I need that little pick-me-up of energy drink and beer. Just say no to the B to the E, unless you like that sort of thing.